Tuesday, January 25, 2011

VA States 2011

Okay, VA States 2011 YoYo Contest was Last Saturday. It was a Ton of Fun in all. But I got to the Contest an Hour Late.

So I got inside the Contest, My Friend Johnny was like, "Cody! Your an Hour Late!"
And im like, "Yeah, I know Man."
So I Played YoYo with my Friends from Last Year, and then me and my Old Friend, Alec, had a Friendly Argument on Who is Better: YoYoFactory or CLYW!

Obviously I was with YoYoFactory on that one. XD


Notice the YoYoFactory 5A Shirt. XD

Anyways, I got to Talk to some of the Pro YoYoers, and that was Pretty Cool. I Even got to Talk to Sabastian Brock: The US National YoYo Champion of 2011! He Even Signed my YYE Card!

When the Lunch Break came along, Most of the People went and got some Lunch. But I just Stayed there and Hung Around and Played YoYo with Who Ever was There Too. It was Pretty Cool.
After That, I bought some stuff at the YoYo Stand they had there. I Bought myself a Purple YYF SuperStar and an Aqua 2010 Dv888!


They Look Amazing in Person!

When it was my Time to Peform my Freestyle, I couldn't have been More Ready! My FreeStyle was gonna be Awesome and Blow Everybody's Mind Away. I wasn't really That Nervous when I got on Stage, But it was Hard for me to Concentrate on my Tricks and the Order of my FreeStyle. I ended up Missing a lot of Tricks, So it Turned out to Look a little Something like this:

Okay, So this is Obviously not my Best at All. But the Judges ended up giving me 30th Place out of 33rd. Now That was Kind of Insulting. I agree that this is No Were Near as Good as Joe Wilson or Sabastian Brock, but Really? 30th Place? I got 13th Place Last Year, and I have to say I thought I did a little Better this Year. See, Look:

Last Year, in 2010, they gave me 64 Points. in 2011, they Only Gave me 11 Points! That was the Worst Part. And the Fact that my Parents made me Leave the Contest an Hour Earlier, Didn't Help my Day Either.
                                                                THE END

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is AWESOME! Well put together. You DEFINITELY did better last year, but that is no reason to get down. You should be able to learn from this. Maybe you were TOO confident? Keep practicing..let the music and the yoyo flow together and use a yoyo you are comfortable with (and NOT one that you JUST bought at the competition.) You will do way better next year. We all know how good you are. You win some and you loose some...just keep truckin' and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete